[Tango-L] How to initiate lean

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 22:49:19 EDT 2008

Igor,

I'm prepared to believe that it's possible to lead the lady into
a Carpa or to Apilado without using suspension and that's one
reason why I posted. But, as I need to make a backward step
to initiate the lean, you haven't explained why the lady won't
make a corresponding forward step. I know that suspension
works [but not always] and I'd like to know what else would
work.

Maybe contra-body rotation? I.e moving my left shoulder back,
while stepping back with my right foot.

Jack