[Tango-L] (no subject)

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 14:13:17 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: David Thorn <thorn-inside at hotmail.com>
> Ernest:  Thank you for your posting.  I have very much enjoyed watching you dance, both on youtube and in person.  You do actually dance!  It looks like fun!

I second the above notion. I too enjoyed very much Ernest and Maricela's dancing both on YouTube and in person. Plus they are both very nice and above all humble persons. Kudos!

Now, I really got intrigued by what they and others call milonga candombera. Ernest, what would you say is the main few characteristics of milonga candombera? It does not quite follow the candombe as such, does it? given that candombe is not a couple's dance and the rhythms are different, aren't they?

I read Jean-Pierre's on-line article where he talks, among other things, about 'the “floating” quarter of the beat ending the phrase,' but it did not help me much. I am familiar with and am actually an aficionado of milonga c/ traspie. But there is much more to it in Jean-Pierre's and Ernest/Maricela's dancing. I sort of get the feeling of it, but hesitate to let loose lest it become a caricature of a milonga c/ transpie. You might say - so what. I just don't know. Please help.

...dubravko