[Tango-L] 30 seconds of chit-chat

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:20:22 EDT 2008

This is all very interesting. And I am sure the 30 sec chat serves various intended purposes. However, all I need/want to know about my dance partner I learn through dancing with her, not through talking with her. Actually having any spoken conversation is very distracting for me. But, hey, my purpose for dancing is not to "meet people" but to dance and enjoy music ... so I go ahead and dance.

Does anyone know if it is considered rude to dance (in place) during those 30 chat seconds? I never had anyone tell me so, but perhaps people might just be too polite to complain.