[Tango-L] Volcada (instructional video)

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 07:47:59 EDT 2008

Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for sharing your video, however, it looks to me as if your partner allows her back to collapse during the carpa instead of maintaining a strong core.  I think your video needs more information on that aspect and on what you mean by "support" so that the women are protected.   The other point of confusion for women after they have learned a volcada is distinguishing when she's asked to lean or when she's invited to take a forward step.  It's common for women to mistake a simple step forward as a volcada.  That's something you might want to address as well.

Trini de Pittsburgh