[Tango-L] Tango Intervention Brooklyn Bridge- SATURDAY September 13

info@adagioconbrio.co.uk info at adagioconbrio.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 11:11:20 EDT 2008

Dear Tango-L list members and readers,
i attended this event last year, crossing the Williamsburg Bridge (Manhattan-Queens) and it was really good fun! (dress and wear shoes accordingly though!).
Please forward this to whoever might be interested.

Please respond to robert lawrence (tangointervention at gmail.com)

Greetings again Tangueros,

Well it is finally set…. Saturday, Sept 13 at noon commences the next Tango Intervention in New York! We will dance across the Brooklyn Bridge this time, and I certainly hope many of you can join us again.  I have some information up at
www.tangointervention.org
Please take a look at and let me know if you are interested in joining us again. I think this should be even better than last year, and everyone agreed that last years tango intervention was more than amazing.

The structure will be similar in that we will start with personal audio systems and then change to amplified music on the bridge.  This is subject to revision, but right now I am thinking that we will use the small audio systems till we get to the 1rst tower and then have a milonga there and at the Brooklyn side tower as well.  There is quite a bit of room at the towers and not much on the paths so this seems like the best structure as I see it now.  I am open to your suggestions though.

I would also like to make a special appeal for volunteers to help out with some organizational aspect of this event.  Last year I had a grant to get a couple students to help out, but USF has had a major budget crunch and the piggy bank is busted.  If you or anyone you know could volunteer even just 20 or 30 minutes during the day of the event that would be great.  I will particularly need help at the start of the event, getting newcomers oriented and set up with the mobile music systems.

I am on sabbatical from USF this year, so Tango Intervention is my full time project now. I did one last may in Vienna that was great and I have others planned for Washington, Paris, Phnom Penh, Bangkok and Seoul.   But first New York…. And VERY SOON!

I hope this finds all of you doing well, dancing often and eager for another milonga over the East River!

Abrazos,
Robert

PS some of you who simply can't get enough of tango intervening may be interested in checking out this other project by London based Thomas Linder.  He is looking for participants for a public tango event on 9/11. You can get info at http://www.tangocommute.com/

--
Robert Lawrence
www.tangointervention.org