[Tango-L] Labor Day Festival: a complaint

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:22:04 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Cherie <MACFroggy at aol.com> wrote:

> I remember when I lived and danced in Los Angeles, one Argentine man there
> told me he used to hide out in the bathroom to get away from the aggressive
> women. And this was years and years ago.
> I can only imagine how much worse it is today.

     In fairness to women, I've seen men behave just as poorly here in
Phoenix when the ratio is such that there are way more men than women
(which happens from time to time here).  The same nonsense, guys who
are already dancing picking off women before they even leave the
floor, instead of letting somebody else have a turn.  You pretty much
have to be a totally aggresive jerk to get a dance, hovering around
the women like a seedy horndog waiting to pounce, something which I
for one refuse to do.

Huck