Re: [Tango-L] Labor Day Festival:  a complaint

MACFroggy@aol.com MACFroggy at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 13:57:16 EDT 2008

I remember when I lived and danced in Los Angeles, one Argentine man there
told me he used to hide out in the bathroom to get away from the aggressive
women. And this was years and years ago.
I can only imagine how much worse it is today.

One woman friend from L.A. who I saw down here was being aggressive in the
BsAs milongas, and I tried to suggest to her that the Argentine men don't like
being pushed like that, and she told me that she was American and she was on
vacation and she could do any damned thing she pleased!

I can only say that when Ruben is accosted by a woman coming to his table to
demand a dance, he might do it that one time because it's very difficult for a
caballero to refuse a woman due to politeness, but then he will never dance
with her again.

So in the end, these women are only hurting themselves by "doing whatever
damned thing they like!"

Perhaps not too far in the future, these aggressive women will do all the
leading as well.

cherie
http://tangocherie.blogspot.com/