[Tango-L] How to dance the "3 3 2" form

mekimdung mekimdung at tang-go.net
Thu Oct 16 04:59:18 EDT 2008

Hi you,

-------------------
Without going into musical notation to show the rhythm, the easiest
way to describe it is to count out loud from 1 to 8, but emphasising
or clapping the numbers underlined:

One 2 3 Four Five 6 Seven 8.

(http://www.totaltango.co.uk/Forms/tangomusic.pdf)
-------------------

+ In this "1 4 5 7" form, I think I can step on One, Five (Is this right?)

-------------------
Tango rhythms – especially in later tangos - are often syncopated (ie.
with emphasis on the off beat). Using the same system as above we can
see that the downbeats fall on the odd numbers, the even numbers are
the up-beats or off-beats. So, we can indicate this use of syncopation
with another typical tango rhythm:

One 2 3 Four 5 6 Seven 8

This is sometimes called a 3,3,2 rhythm because of the way the bar is
divided up.

(http://www.totaltango.co.uk/Forms/tangomusic.pdf)

+ So, how can I dance this kind of form? Which "number" do I have to step on?

+ And, can you give me a list of "3 3 2 tango" song, for example, please?

Thank you very much.

---
Minh Quan
Tango Hanoi, Vietnam