[Tango-L] MILONGA... THE ORPHAN DANCE

Jean-Pierre Sighe jpsighe at sighes.com
Sat Oct 4 15:25:54 EDT 2008

... "The umbilical cord cannot be severed without generating distortion and
misunderstanding. The nurturing influence of Candombe must be revisited,
re-actualized, to keep Tango evolving and generating into something
unimaginable at the moment. Perhaps, we would then see the so-called Nuevo
Tango (in its musical designation) FINALLY enriched, so it can emerge out of
the rhythmic cul-de-sac in which it momentarily finds itself. I refer to the
very monotonous rhythm that almost ALL of the Nuevo Tango pieces repeat;
that is the obvious display of the bankrupt conception, coming from a place
of a poor rhythmic ability."...

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.tangomagdalena.com/Newsletters/vol13_oct08.html

Tangamente,