[Tango-L] How tango evolves

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:04:33 EST 2008

Splitters!

(with apologies to the "Life of Brian")

-----Original Message-----
From: tango-l-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:tango-l-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Lois Donnay
Sent: Friday, 28 November 2008 11:30 PM
To: Tango-L
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] How tango evolves

Well, I am currently in Buenos Aires, and am seeing more and more "tango"
performances in the milonga that have less and less Argentine tango in them,
and more "Dancing with the Stars". Completely choreoghraphed, lots of lifts,
less musicality - but the crowd loves it!

Monkey see, monkee do - Are these the moves we will be emulating in the
future?

Buenos Aires has changed a lot since my first trip 10 years ago. Fashions,
manners, body types - and these are people who are not surrounded by
tourists all the time, as tango dancers are.

Loisa
Minneapolis, Minnesota