[Tango-L] How tango evolves

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Fri Nov 28 07:29:51 EST 2008

Well, I am currently in Buenos Aires, and am seeing more and more "tango" performances in the milonga that have less and less Argentine tango in them, and more "Dancing with the Stars". Completely choreoghraphed, lots of lifts, less musicality - but the crowd loves it!

Monkey see, monkee do - Are these the moves we will be emulating in the future?

Buenos Aires has changed a lot since my first trip 10 years ago. Fashions, manners, body types - and these are people who are not surrounded by tourists all the time, as tango dancers are.

Loisa
Minneapolis, Minnesota