[Tango-L] Tango Pedantics

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:27:13 EST 2008

Charles wrote:
"Actually the tango de salon that is danced today is pretty much the same as
it was then anyway.   Tango de salon never went away nor really changed that
much, if at all. It is stilled danced very much like Virulazo and Petroleo and
many of the great ones did in that era.... "

Interesting.

http://tangoandchaos.org/chapt_3search/3petroleo.htm

http://tangoandchaos.org/chapt_3search/11petroleofinal.htm

Is this how we should all look?  Hunched over with bent legs?  I'm not intending any disrespect,
because, as you all probably know, I am one of those "nearly anything goes dancers."  But I do
imagine that a number of regular posters to this list would find much to criticize about this
style if it were to appear in their milonga today.

Probably not even Argentine Tango.  Don'cha think?

David