[Tango-L] Where does the lead leave off and the follow begin??

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Sun Nov 23 15:27:18 EST 2008

Mario:
You speculate too much. It's not relevant why the woman isn't named. What do you mean about the woman contributing. She contributes with every step. The dance looks good because both are trying to please the other.
I don't dance with my left arm above my shoulder as Jorge does. My muscles would get tired and then it would become a struggle to dance. This is a question of style and NOT a question of right vs. wrong. Everybody has their own style.

As far your question if half the women in the class could deliver as good or nearly as good an experience, that depends on the couple. This is a dance between two individuals who have different skills. Some are more expressive emotionally than others. It's ridiculous to think that dancers are as interchangeable as light bulbs; dancing with one partner is identical to dancing with another.

Michael
Washington, DC

I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango