[Tango-L] Barridas, sweeps, drags, etc

Barbara Garvey barbara at tangobar-productions.com
Fri Nov 21 13:47:03 EST 2008

Hi Trini et al,

The nicely detailed technique for barridas you describe was being taught
at least by the mid 1980's. We learned it from one or more of our first
teachers, who included Orlando Paiva (Sr.), Danel and Maria Bastone,
Pupi Castello, and Nito & Elba Garcia. It's a useful way to remind
followers that they must have all their weight on only one foot.
Abrazos,
Barbara Garvey