[Tango-L] The Milonga solution

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Thu Nov 20 05:38:02 EST 2008

Michael wrote:
> Mario:
> Did you realize the man's left hand didn't "stir the pot" like the last video you showed. Nobody's foot should get stepped on in milonga so there's no reason for the man to step outside to prevent something that shouldn't happen anyway.
>
> Mario had written:
> First of all; all steps are in Parallel footing and there is never a doubt about what
> is happening for either partner. Secondly; 90% of the steps are done outside position.
> This way we have outside parallel stepping and no body gets their foot stepped on...
> (just in case that is what the non-Milonga dancers worry about all the time)

LOL, I agree, Michael. However, I am afraid that now you may have
spoiled Mario's delight in having found a solution how not to keep
stepping on his partner's feet. Nope, walking in the outside parallel
position at all times is not how this is corrected. ; ) It may help to
take classes occasionally and learn more about connection and leading,
something that remains fairly invisible in youtube videos...

grin
Astrid