[Tango-L] Serpentine youth in Zagreb..look out!

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Thu Nov 20 05:24:31 EST 2008

David wrote:
> Trini,
>

> Generally speaking, I tend to like and agree with your posts, but not so
> much with this one.  I can accept that it's not your cup of tea, as we all
> have our personal preferences.  IMO, elegance (as you put it) is not the
> "end all be all" to a good dance.  I actually like it when people try to
> create their own style.

Depends on what you mean by elegance. For me, elegance is the feeling you
get that someone else's movement are natural and effortless (even though
they aren't), not some form of codified "elegance" defined by committee.

In that sense I believe that there are many, many ways to be elegant, and as
a result many, many styles that work. But I don't think a style that isn't
elegent in *some* sense (for at least some people) is actually any good.