[Tango-L] Serpentine youth in Zagreb..look out!

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 16:09:22 EST 2008

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Vince Bagusauskas <vytis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> But what of this formal presentation stuff?  Are there not
> different and older styles of tango that can have bad
> posture and "funny little steps" compared to salon
> tango?

I don't know of any, but styles of dancing back then were often influenced by the clothes worn (e.g. long skirts that gathered at the knees).  These influences are what I would consider to be natural and evolutionary.  But even then, I'm sure that were bad examples as well as good examples.

> I am interested in seeing you dancing with good posture.

You'll have to come to Pittsburgh.  I learned early on to lift my head up, courtesy of Susana Miller.  In our early workshops together when I would partner her, Susana would whisper harshly to me "Head up!" whenever I looked down to see what she was demonstrating.  I learned my lesson well. It's funny because every time she comes to visit, everybody in the community becomes more aware of their posture and head position.  Chin up!  Eyes forward!  Musica, maestro!

Trini de Pittsburgh