[Tango-L] Milonga Codes and weird anecdotes

Maria Olivera ma_olivera at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Nov 12 22:53:56 EST 2008

-Basically, us men (at least in the U.S.) simply are not smart enough to
pick up on hints like you listed (sad but true).  You have to communicate in
a way that is so simple, that even WE can understand it.

-If you say something about the heat, we think you want to talk about the
temperature, or if you talk about the concrete floor, we think, "Wow, she
can tell how different floors feel, I wonder why I can't do that".

-BTW, I've had the pleasure taking classes (and privates) from Maria (and
Gustavo) in Vermont, and let me just say that both of them are two of the
nicest people you would ever want to meet (and excellent teachers, too).

David

David!

You've made me laugh too...you might be right about me having to be more
direct, but there's something I've learned when I was involved in
politics..."don't ever underestimate the people you're talking to".

Nevertheless, I appreciate your advice, and next time I'll go straight to
the point.

Thank you very much for your comments on us and our classes, we also had a
great time with you two, and that weekend in Vermont was magical. Hopefully
we'll be able to see you somewhere next year.

Abrazos,

María