[Tango-L] I'm Blowing My Nose-Thank You

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Mon Nov 10 10:22:27 EST 2008

> I thought I had heard all the excuses at  milongas, outside of my
> home town, where you are a stranger in a strange land,  as to why a lady
> turns you down for a dance. But the best ones came recently at  a milonga in NYC
> at Dance Studio 101 hosted by the infamous Jorge Torres.

You said it yourself. You are outside our home town, nobody knows you in
this milonga and moreover you think of their host as "the infamous Jorge
Torres". Why would you expect the women in there to love you? Maybe they
noticed how you think about their host that they are about to be fans
of, mayb your dance style is completely different from Jorge's and the
rest of them?
I personally love Jorge and think, he is one of the greatest dancers
around. He was one of the two people who inspired me to start learning
tango. He is not only thrilling to watch, he also feels wonderful to
dance with.