[Tango-L] A walk to die for!

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 16:51:17 EST 2008

Catch Cacho Dante walking Tango in this video. If I could do nothing but walk like this
I would be quite happy and so would my partner. This guy really listens and feels it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWMs0rAcJk
I'm sure glad that I made and saved many playlists on YouTube while I was watching
Tango for four hours a day thru my first year at this (User: Nacotete). I'm now in my 13th month andI have all these great examples to watch and learn from. It's like I'm seeing them forthe first time..truly seeing them..what changed? After a full year and a month, I began
to clearly distinguish between my right and left foot and between the right and left foot
of my partner....to what do I owe this? I think some Nuevo classes that I took in Phila.
http://philadelphiatangoschool.com/teachers.htm
They taught complicated stuff that I'll never use on a dance floor but there were two things
that got results. First; repeated sequences, over and over, changing partners, doing it again
and again to Tango music...exhausting but it got one beyond 'thinking' about it.
Second: We started each sequence with 'easy' stuff...and so, the ochos and cross footed
walking and zig zags that I couldn't quite ever get before, became only the intro to the
difficult stuff and so they too became non-mental and just assimulated....now, all of a
sudden, I'm seeing what is really going on between partners and I can learn by just watching for a change.
 Anyway, I'm just catching everyone up on my state of the art...and looking forward to hearing about your's, too!