[Tango-L] What's going on here?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 14:51:31 EST 2008

--- On Sat, 11/8/08, Nikos Dalamagkas <nikdal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but what about if you see this in a milonga and all the
> people there
> dancing this way, after some years?
> Moreover they think this is tango, and they are advanced.

But you don't know that about this particular group of people at this milonga.  So criticizing them in such a public forum as this is unfair.

A community is only so good as the people that run them - the organizers and the teachers.  Criticize the teachers and the organizers, not the students.  Those who put themselves out there publicly, such as teachers, are fair game to be evaluated.  But not those who are innocently dancing and have no idea that they would be posted on the internet.

The other reality is that people do have lives outside of tango.  (I should hope that everyone does.)  Everyone decides for themselves what level they wish to attain.  And the real factor, when it comes down to it, is what does their partner think.

Trini de Pittsburgh