[Tango-L] Dassieu, Dancing in the Middle, Nuevo Tango, Naveira, etc.

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:10:12 EDT 2008

Mario wrote:
> Anytme that I can find a new video on this guy, I'm going to post
> it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id_IOnarj0M

Hooboy.

Mario, did you ever consider creating a blog about the videos you
like? Or maybe just a playlist in youtube? That's what a lot of us do.

At the same time, Mario, thanks for the link. I too like to see videos
of Alberto Dassieu.

Also, may I point out that here Alberto Dasssieu is dancing in the
middle of the floor, walking backwards several steps against the line
of dance, and doing lots of giros with sacadas. And it appears not to
be a show but rather an afternoon milonga at Ideal (my guess).

I guess the current crop of tango taxonomists would call him a nuevo
tango dancer.\

Which is more consonant with the ronda of social dancing, Alberto
Dassieu above, or Gustavo Naveira below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnjOZxVsCw

-joe