[Tango-L] Fw: Stone Soup 2008 Follow Up

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Fri May 9 07:31:00 EDT 2008

Astrid

In the rest of the tango world, the majority of dancers don't do classes.
They just dance. Whether they started in classes is irrelevant - they
either didn't, or did and outgrew them.

Cut to USA. This "overwhelmingly popular" festival is packed with
presentations, seminars, practicas, classes and privates... and one
milonga per day which Miles' video shows is half empty.

Weird. If the dancing is that unpopular, why are these people spending so
much time studying for it?

--
Chris

PS Americans visiting Europe might like to consider OsterTango, one of our
best festivals. Daily there's an afternoon milonga, big evening ball, then
night milonga until 6/7am. And some classes.