[Tango-L] Ballroom steps in tango

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 01:36:00 EDT 2008

Michael I agree with Mario. These girls never do the step that you described as "Botafogos".

The step described by you as "Botafogos" is a step present both in milonga and in Argentine Vals. It is one of the very few  tango steps that are found in other ballroom dances.

What the girls actually do is:  Leader steps outside partner with right foot, (like #3 of the base),left comes together,
then right opens to the right side, left comes close to right. The sequence re-starts.
This is a typical step of tango and milonga.

In tango when we open right foot to the right side, (in this sequence) we bring the left foot closer to the right one
than the girls do in their milonga.

Best regards, Sergio