[Tango-L] Tango Research

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Wed May 7 11:14:55 EDT 2008

On 5/6/08, Bryan De Valdivia <devaldivia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My question is this:
> If you could know where your/your partner's/your student's weight is
> located at any point in the dance- what would you want to know, why,
> and how would you use it?
>
> b.

   Bryan:
I need to know which foot is free (has no weight on it). For example, some
women go into the cross but DON"T put weight on the left foot. I need to
know so I don't lead her to step with her right foot, which is the support
foot. I like to forward ochos (I'm moving backwards, but WITH the line of
dance (LOD).  I stop the ochos with my frame. Sometimes, the woman will
continue to pivot and step forward, right into me. I need to know when she
has stopped moving.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Going to the New York All Night Milonga Saturday