[Tango-L] Tango Research

Bryan De Valdivia devaldivia at gmail.com
Tue May 6 10:30:21 EDT 2008

Hi all,

My name is Bryan and after the generous and cooperative experience of
Stone Soup this past weekend I'd like to open up a project I've been
working on.

I've been experimenting with wireless pressure sensors that record and
transmit real time data on where/how much pressure is applied to the
floor via the human foot while standing, embracing, walking, and
dancing tango.  I'm out in to boonies so up until now I've only been
able to experiment with beginners, but will be able to work with
int/adv dancers this July-October.

My question is this:
If you could know where your/your partner's/your student's weight is
located at any point in the dance- what would you want to know, why,
and how would you use it?

I have several strains of research that I'm pursuing ( I mean this
loosely, I'm a tango teacher and have sports experience, but I'm not a
Kinesiologist), but as I don't have unlimited time to pursue
everything I thought I'd ask and see what other ideas people have and
get better work done.
In exchange for your experimental questions/designs- I'd be more than
happy to share results.

If interested, please shoot me an email.  No offense, but I tend to
stay away from Tango-L because of the drama :)

thanks,
b.