[Tango-L] Ladies Leading

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Wed May 7 00:15:34 EDT 2008

Nina,

I completely agree and it's why I always use the terms 'man's role'
and lady's role', rather than leader and follower. I'm sure there
can be no logical reason why a lady can't lead just as well as a
man, but there are plenty of reasons why a lady can't effectively
take the man's role. And the main one is .... she's not a man! :-).

For me, the greatest pleasure in Tango is embracing the lady and
she embracing me. Take that away and I'd might as well just stick
to Ballroom.

Btw, I know plenty of ladies who can do an excellent job dancing as
lead in Ballroom. In fact, it's so popular that it's often a separate event
in competitions. In Ballroom, feelings don't get in the way :-).

Keith, HK

 On Wed May  7  4:20 , Nina Pesochinsky  sent: