[Tango-L] getting educated

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Sat May 3 00:08:35 EDT 2008

Mario says:

> Do you 'teach' it?? Wouldn't it be like taking a class in
> 'Feeling' ?? Would you believe someone who had a PHD in 'Feeling' ?
> I know that we're all concerned with making a living but.. Can we
> just leave 'teaching' behind?...isn't there another way??

A pedagogical role is to create a situation where the learner can
discover what he or she needs to learn.

I would no more believe in someone with a PhD in "Feeling" than I
would someone with a PhD in "Tango".

I would like to leave teaching behind.

When the learner seeks advice from the person with more experience,
what then?

"No, you still don't get it kid. Keep trying." That is one tradition
of tango.