[Tango-L] A troublesome lead

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 15:00:03 EDT 2008

To induce the woman to cross front after step #2 of the base, I lead both with my chest and my right arm.

A very important element of this lead is that the chest increases the forward lean as you keep your right arm
firm to induce her to cross front, instead of back.

Observe that sometimes he goes " in a mirror step" (en espejo) and his right foot goes parallel to her left one.

Sometimes we induce a similar move after step #3 of the base: we step forward, outside body, with right
and ***keep the chest back*** ( an unusual step) ; after she steps back with her right we induce the front
cross of her left by bringing the chest forward without moving the feet.  A very dramatic move.
I learned this move from Nito Garcia.

Best regards, Sergio