[Tango-L] A Troublesome Lead

Stephen.P.Brown@dal.frb.org Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org
Fri May 2 13:55:29 EDT 2008

David wrote:
>>To me, it looks like he is leading it with his right arm (and hand).  Is
that how you see it as well?<<

I understand why David says what he does, but I see it a little
differently.  As I see it, the beginning of her cross following her side
step right is led with the same torso rotation required for a forward ocho
and the space created between his left side and her right side that he
creates by stepping side left a little away from her.  His closure of the
space rotates her about her right leg axis and creates the cross from what
might otherwise become a forward ocho.  His arm (and by extension only)
and his hand complete the movement with her, but I don't see a much force
in his arm or hand.  It is rotation and the creation and elimination of
space that leads the movements.

With best regards,
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqgujDIWlOc