[Tango-L] Embrace and musicality in Buenos Aires.

Ming Mar ming_mar at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 05:28:49 EDT 2008

Over the years, tangueras returning from Buenos Aires
raved about the Porteno tangueros.  They said that the
Portenos lead easy steps, used a secure and passionate
embrace, and displayed wonderful musicality.  As a
friend of mine was gushing about the Portenos'
embrace, I asked her why she didn't she just teach the
embrace to the men here.  She looked at me like I was
insane.

1. To the ladies who like the Porteno embrace, have
you tried to teach it to the men folk back home?  Were
you successful?

2. Same question regarding musicality.