[Tango-L] Qualifying

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Thu May 1 18:13:44 EDT 2008

Jake wrote to Joe:

> Gosh -- do all the qualified instructors really know this one?

According to me, yes. These are MY minimum qualifications, as I specified.
Jake<<<

Joe,
No they don't and it sounds pretty arbitrary to me and I have taught at two
different schools here in NYC, taught privately, been dancing for twelve or
thirteen years, speak Spanish, etc., took a lot of classes with many people over
the years and rarely, if ever, heard any dance teacher talk about it so I
would say to Joe, no it isn't necessary.   Many people don't know what it means,
or really care. Besides, all you have to do is look it up in a Spanish/English
dictionary or ask someone. It takes much more skill to dance well, which is a
far more important requirement.

Cheers,
Charles