[Tango-L] Ecstasis and Control

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Sun Mar 30 12:16:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:08:44 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Mr. Stradivarius
>
>> We don't have many Strads in Buffalo...
>> But the top two or three were first taught by me.
>
>Reading your many postings on ecstasis and control

My postings were not on 'ecstasis and control'

The original subject line was sidetracked by someone who did not
understand the originator's meaning and I don't believe it was ever
heard from again.

>I have come to understand that among "old violins" you have but a few so
>called "Strads" that your maestro teaching has help to produce.

You have come to understand wrong.  I have denied Maestro status.

And my statement of 'any old violin' was directly in regard to the
status Keith seemed to be relegating all 'violins' to.   He did infer
that a Strad was just a violin...  Wrong!     So, iow, I was mocking
out his degredation of them.   That perhaps some were fiddles, but
that many were much more than that.

>I'm deeply impressed. Sounds like the real Argentine.
>You know how an Argentine commits suicide?
>He climbs onto his ego and jumps down. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_humour)
>Please never try this.

Actually I have a pretty laid back ego.   I never make claims about
myself on my own.  At least those I can't prove...    But you might
say I have other faults...   I can't deal with those who do...  .

>What would we do without maestros who are not as everyone
>"so wrapped up in objectivication that they can't see the forest for the trees"??
>How could collisions with trees in milongas possibly be avoided?
>We'd be lost. Completely out of tune ;)

You might start to feel Tango...?

>Anna

What are you looking for now?

Anger?  Confrontation?  Oneupsmanship?

Why is that?

I am only looking to describe Tango using an analogy that I believe to
be very appropos, beautiful, and 'in tune'.   Perhaps you should try
to *better* my analogy instead of deriding it.   I might even start
using yours instead.

A Maestro and Strad pairing is something many many people in the world
want to see and hear more of.   It's a wonderful combination of
harmony, co-operation and dedication....  Now if I had used bulldozer
and dirt, you'd have a reason to be upset, eh?   ;-/

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *