[Tango-L] Ecstasis and Control

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Sat Mar 29 23:01:39 EDT 2008

Floyd,

I really didn't want to get into this again, but ... Floyd, if you're ever
lucky enough to dance with a fabulous woman, such as my wife for
example or, if she's not available, someone like Geraldine Rojas, is
that really how you'd think of the dance - you as the maestro and
this fabulous woman as an instrument for you to  play; that is what
a viloin is, isn't it, even a strad? Can't you see what a horrible concept
that is - especially for the woman. I think part of your problem might
lie in the terminology you use: leader and follower. I hate those
words. If you think of Tango as a dance between a man and a woman,
you might think about it a little differently.

Floyd, my wife is no one's violin and I don't think any true maestro
would ever think of her, or any woman, in such a demeaning way.

Keith, UK

 On Sun Mar 30  9:47 , Floyd Baker  sent: