[Tango-L] The subject...Pt. 2

Andreas Wichter andreas at tangokombinat.de
Sat Mar 29 15:30:21 EDT 2008

continued from Pt 1:

Some specific replies:

Am 29.03.2008 um 14:58 schrieb Floyd Baker:

> Ok let me rephrase it...
>
> The cross, as we know it, was not a part of Tango's early development.
> It was introduced near the midpoint in Tango's history.

Ok. If the 30s or whenever it came up are the "midpoint". Note that
*again* you are saying something completey different now than you
originally did. So you are not "rephrasing", you are making up new
stuff.

>> No, you were not. Please reread your post. You referred to the cross.
>
> Ok let me rephrase it...

;-) There ya go.

> I was specifically meaning the 'auto' cross as being 'contrary'.

Had you actually *said* so, I would not have said anything. With this,
I agree.

> The cross as we know it, has been taught as needing a specific
> reaction from followers, at certain times, with no lead given, for as
> long as I've known of Tango.  Here in the US.., as I see you're in DE.

People from other parts of the US might object to your implying that
"the way we dance in Buffalo" = "the way we dance in the US". I hope
they do.

>> How do you know? Were you there? Maybe ...  <snip>
>
> Maybe so., but maybe's don't count.   Suppositions are simply blowing
> smoke.

I can´t believe it... It was *YOU* who has been making these
"suppositions", it was *ME* questioning them. You have been "blowing
smoke".

...more in Pt. 3