[Tango-L] ..where did the balance go?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 14:18:23 EDT 2008

There is a woman that I dance with in the local Milonga.
  She is tall and about ten pounds overweight..(medical standard)
  She has been taking classes for a couple of years.
  Her balance when dancing a slow tango is fatal.
  She almost falls over when doing a simple side step.
  It's all I can do to keep her upright.
  However, in the Milonga (song) she dances as good as anyone
  and better. We dance closely and she never
  misses a step and her balance/axis is never a problem.
  I would like to talk to her about this difference in her dance
  but I really don't understand it myself.
  Can anyone (women especially) give me some idea of
  what could produce such a  big difference in her quality
  of dance and perhaps how to get her slow tango more
  towards the balance and sureness of her Milonga ?? thanks!