[Tango-L] Heal or toe (ball first)

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Fri Mar 28 07:38:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

as we were referred two, i'd like to contribute our opinion.

We dance both versions, depending on the music and mood:

Heel first
- to rhythmic, older music. Here we focus on the casual, more rustic
walk and we referred to the "old"  (not oldfasioned) Milongueros in
that context.

Toe (ball) first
- to more laborate, elegant Tangos. Here we focus on elegance
through. long lines. This kind of walking is definetely more hard to
learn- but it pays off. ;-)

Of course we do mix these different kinds of walk in one piece also,
if it provides us with these different moods and musical variations.

And by the way:
We do dance close embrace Tango de Salon and not Milonguero Style. As
we focus on the walking and don't do a lot of fancy stuff, some name
our style Milonguero. But we prefer to use the term, the Milongueros
in Buenos Aires used to use: Tango de Salon, social Tango. ;-)

Greetings from Europe,

Melina

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel
www.tangodesalon.de