[Tango-L] Heel First?

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 19:10:55 EDT 2008

Well, it looks like we disagree.
  It is very misleading to tell people to "just walk". Especially if you tell them
  they should be stepping "toe first".
  And, I would like to add that until you get really good at walking without
  picking up your toes, you will look ... oh, how can I put it without goring
  someone's ox? I'd better not.

  If you learn how people actually walk, you will be in a better position to ignore
  the incorrect, or only somewhat correct statements that are made all of the
  time, both about "just walking" and "walking" in tango.

  I am fully aware of the fact, however, that most people would rather not be bothered
  with this sort of thing. The simple explanation of why you don't have to do
  anything special to look like you are stepping "toe first" when taking small steps
  (a natural consequence of the fact that steps begin with a heel lift), is one of the
  things that has, to me, made the time I spent on those articles worthwhile.

  It's there if you want it.

  Steve