[Tango-L] Interesting Practcie Tool

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Sun Mar 23 18:32:23 EDT 2008

I will go to great lengths to improve my dancing. To improve my molinetes, I've practiced with a circular garbage can. To improve my frame I practiced with a broom handle on my shoulders behind my head with my arms hanging on it. I know I do crazy things, but sometimes, the crazier; the better the tool.

Yesterday, I went to New York for my monthly gift to myself. I saw the show "El Tango y Ella Milonga. In one scene, Anton Gazenbeek came onto the stage with two long, thin, sticks. They must have been at least 5 feet long. He danced with them to nueve de julio. The sticks represented the woman's feet. As he lead the sticks in a molinete, he practiced  barridas, sacadas, displacements, ganchos, and I don't remember the rest. I was really impressed!! And the best part- there were no arguments between the partners, which I sometimes see at practicas. HMMMM!!

Michael Ditkoff
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango
Finally, two weeks to Atlanta Tango Festival