[Tango-L] followers expressiveness

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 17:54:30 EDT 2008

I also wanted to express that my two favorite
partners, over the years, are very, very expressive.
One danced a lot of salsa quite well and the other
danced a lot of hustle, and other dances, quite well
... for what that matters.

Also, I don't think there is any small number of
exercises that can be stated for teaching followers
expressiveness.  I think it comes from followers
really wanting it and teachers really teaching it ...
a lot.  And, I'll bet that cross training amongst
different types of dances helps ... especially where,
in tango, followers are treated as extras in the
classes ... so the leaders can be accomodated.

So, hurray to Jackie for asking!  I hope something
comes of this!