[Tango-L] There is only tango...

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:01:36 EDT 2008

Ron wrote:

"Forms of tango where the embrace is opened, often classified as 'tango
fantasia' or 'tango nuevo' are reserved for the stage or for
exhibitions at some milongas."

I don't understand how ignoring comments from dancers who are intimately familiar with the world of tango in BaAs, c.f. Meredith Klein's comment " [Tango-L] Different styles of tango in Buenos Aires (was: Now that I'm here in BA) on Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:18:29 -0800" contributes to our understanding or appreciation of tango.  Pushing personal agenda despite evidence to the contrary is extraordinarily puzzling to me.  Again, probably the scientist nerd in me.

Well, enough reading and posting for the day (3!!! in one day).  'Till later.

Cheers,

D. David Thorn