[Tango-L] Origin of Tandas

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:36:36 EDT 2008

I couldn't find this discussed in the archives and am very curious:

Back in the golden age, when you danced the entire night to one Orquesta Tipica, did they play 3 or 4 songs and then some rock 'n roll (or whatever)??  What was a night of tango like back then??  Where did the tanda system as we know it come from?  Did they change partners every song?  Or never?  I am utterly clueless.

Cheers,

D. David Thorn