[Tango-L] Open Embrace Connection

Alex alex at tangofuego.us
Wed Mar 12 17:41:51 EDT 2008

To David - with the shoulder injury/pain,

I have a similar problem, and followers who do this also tend to tweak my
lower back. You should be able to get (lead?) them out into open embrace
where they are totally vertical on - and responsible for - their own axis -
for the two or three remaining songs of the tanda.

I also don't think it would be unreasonable for you to simply/gently explain
that you have a shoulder injury, and "would it be okay to adjust our
embrace?"... In between songs of course...

If you are trying to dance more close embrace/milonguero, then this
obviously becomes more of a problem/issue. Unfortunately, I have had to
resort to making a mental note of followers who do this at a milonga, and no
longer inviting them to dance...