[Tango-L] Shoulder problems

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 14:05:44 EDT 2008

I just saw a post response about the rotator cuff.  I
want to pass along some great shoulder-protection
advice that I got.  This would work as a warmup before
dance, as well.

I used to have moderate shoulder problems due to
lifting weights.  One day someone told me that
everytime I begin a workout, I should begin with a
simple warmup ...

I use 8 pound weights. With elbows slightly bent, hold
the weights out in front of you at about shoulder
height.  Bring your hands out to the side and back in
front of you.  I do this about 15 or 20 times.

This gets the blood into your shoulders.  Now, as I
start my workout, my shoulders are more protected by
blood.

I am writing this because I have never had another day
of shoulder problems since starting this about a year
ago.