[Tango-L] tall men in close embrace

Alex alex at tangofuego.us
Mon Mar 10 14:03:30 EDT 2008

Tom Stermitz used me as an example in one of his classes. I'm 6'-4" tall
with my "high heels" on. The follower was about 5'-0". Tom can explain the
geometry better than I, but the distance from the floor to the point where
were "connect" is the same for both of us. If you visualize our "legs"
starting at the point of the connection, then the tall leader's and
no-so-tall follower's "legs" are actually the same length.

Tom had me take very large steps - she followed with no problem - no
stepping on feet or anything.

Tom, care to elaborate? I'm not sure I explained it correctly...