[Tango-L] Lot's of footspace in close embrace

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 22:46:06 EST 2008

Contrast the dance of Oscar Casas with this one by Gustavo Benzecry Saba &
  Maria Olivera

  http://youtube.com/watch?v=UFZN4Y6V3L8&feature=user

  What a difference, it seems that the feet of Oscar Casas and his wife, are never
  on the same floor tile together at the same time. It is almost as if each were
  dancing alone.  Whereas, Gustavo and Maria's feet are passing within millimeters
  of each other...one up to and almost touching the other as each carefully placed
  step is positioned... sure, there is a difference in the speed of the two dances
  but there's more to it than that,..it's a question of style?? How would you describe
  the differences in the approach of the two couples?? Are both styles compatible
  in the same dance?? By the same couple?? This looks like two entirely different
  dances to me...but then, I'm just a Tangobaby and there was a time when I couldn't
  distinguish between a Tango and a Milonga. ..comments, please.