[Tango-L] Ecstasis and Control

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 10:42:55 EST 2008

..Yes, for a moment, I was in Tango heaven while dancing to a romantic bolero.

  ..for dancing the tango to a non tango song and with a non tanguera, we begin
  with the Pause.  I held her tight to me and waited for all of her sporatic movements to stop
  ..the wiggling side to side the wanting to pull away and dance more in her own space..
  the pull to the non-tango.. I had asked her if she wanted to experience the tango and she
  answered 'yes' ...so, all was fair in love, war and tango....I held her still and waited for her
  to recognise the two of us, alone in an embrace...at first, the panic thoughts of; 'we're not
  moving...what will everyone think??' passed like waves and subsided..then it was the
  intimacy of the embrace as the strains of music began to enter consciousness -
  ..the music the embrace and then the movement...controlled, balanced, erect and close.
  I walked backwards because she could not walk backwards herself without wavering
   when I felt her firmly on one foot I gave a boleo and then lead a front cross..
  ..we did a giro and then I walked backwards more..until again on one foot alone,
  I turned her in a calasita ...it was classic, it was fun, it was
   man and woman communicating intimately.