[Tango-L] Tango styles and labeling

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Tue Mar 4 14:36:06 EST 2008

NANCY wrote:
> Tango-L was a spin-off from a Ballroom forum many
> years ago.  When it became clear that there were two
> groups/ two camps talking about two distinct dances,
> Shahrukh wisely created a forum for us.
>
> Maybe the question should be:  Is it time to create a
> Nuevo Tango list?

No. As far as I'm concerned the styles interbreed (and they
can all teach everyone a thing or two if you have an
open mind, even if you dance a different style), so they're
not distinct species.

Just ignore the sect leaders and defenders of the various
orthodoxies accusing all the others of heresy and move along.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>