[Tango-L] Dancing after accident

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Mar 4 09:54:53 EST 2008

Anna,

Discussing Tango on-line is one thing, but asking for medical advice would seem to be something else.
You need to talk to your doctor and get a good physiotherapist.  I'm now almost recovered from recent
knee surgery for a torn meniscus. One thing I learned is, try to accelerate the heailing process and you
may do more harm that good. Having said all that, I would certainly recommend a good accupuncturist
if you have one in your area. Not always guaranteed, but I've had amazing results in the past. One time
in BsAs, I stepped in a pot-hole and wrecked my ankle. The hospital strapped it up, gave me a walking
stick and said it would be at least 6 weeks before I could dance again. My Tango teacher introduced
me to his Korean accupuncturist who, with daily treatments, had me dancing in less than a week - and
then for hours every day. Accupuncture treatment was still needed every few days as the pain returned.

Good Luck.

Keith, HK

 On Tue Mar  4 20:44 , desdelasnubes at web.de sent: