[Tango-L] Nuevo y Viejo

thorn-inside@hotmail.com thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:26:36 EST 2008

>> It seems to me that with the two different styles of Tango
>>  that post here, and each taking potshots at each other...etc.

As I indicated earlier, I dance primarily close embrace.  But that is only
because most of my dancing is in crowded milongas.  I also love to dance
open-embrace with many of those elements termed "nuevo" when floor and
partner permit.  I personally think that the various "styles" are merely
different expressions of the same basic dance.  I also think that what is
called for is NOT separate lists, etc..., but rather a little tolerance.
Can't
we simply be nice to our fellow dancers?

"University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small."
- Henry Kissinger

Perhaps a corollary is that it is inevitable that dance politics will be
even more vicious?  I would hope not!

D. David Thorn